22 November 2008

Catch-up reading

Though I've got three weeks before I'm totally clear of this semester, I am thinking ahead to winter break, and looking forward to reading a couple good books: Ellen F. Davis, Getting Involved with God: Rediscovering the Old Testament; Michael Gorman, Reading Paul; Stanley Hauerwas, Matthew; Christine D. Pohl, Making Room: Recovering Hospitality as a Christian Tradition; Rainer Maria Rilke, Stories of God

(I am starting to wonder if I have lost all capacity to read things not pertaining to God or politics, and if that's bad.) In all likelihood, I won't make it through all of these books. But they're the ones on my shelf that I keep staring at, longingly, while I trudge through my final assignments. Speaking of which: if anyone wants to read a riveting 19-page paper about Howell Harris, the 18th century leader of Welsh Calvinistic Methodism, just let me know.

No comments: